Monday, April 3, 2017

Wild & Wonderful: Discoveries on the Trail

So it took me a few years to get to the 2012 bestseller, Wild, by Cheryl Strayed.

Like most autobiographical memoirs, Strayed's first book has had a few dubious readers - Vanity Fair dug a bit deeper into her encounter with a reporter from The Hobo Times, for example. I was more interested in a list of some of the things that didn't make the final cut of Wild, however.

And while the 2014 movie had many fans, it had a fair number of disappointed viewers as well. (Look, the book is always better than the movie.)

Anyway, it was another title I couldn't put down, meaning I ignored my family for several hours in order to read it. In other words, great book to take on vacation!

#DefinitelyRecommended

Happy reading! 


No comments: