Monday, November 30, 2009

Blinded by the Story

Here's my definition of a gifted writer: he tells a story without letting the words get in the way.

That's especially important when the story is as fantastic as  The Blind Side. Yeh, yeh, it's the new Sandra Bullock movie. You know what I'm going to say: read the book before you see the movie.

Neither is disappointing, but trust me, the book offers a depth that can only make the movie more enjoyable.

Can't read it? At least listen to the in-depth interview (heard on NPR last week) with author Michael Lewis, here.

PS - if you love baseball, pick up a copy of Lewis's Moneyball while you're at the library/bookstore/website.  You'll be glad you did!
PPS - I Beat the Odds is the story Micheal Ohr tells of his own life.


1 comment:

Diane Stresing said...

The comment above, translated from Chinese, reads:A "good article gives the impression that is a very good, thank you"

To the reader, I say, Thank you. ( 謝謝您 )