Friday, August 28, 2009

Pile-up on my Reading Table

What extra time? The kids are in school now and my book table is overflowing. Sigh. I'll get to them, I'll get to them. "Them" being:

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
To Kill a Mockingbird* (PLEASE don't tell anyone I haven't read it yet!)
Crucial Conversations (I'm ambivalent about this one; stay tuned)
A Thousand Acres by Jane Smiley**
...and a couple more.

I'm already committed - three of the four above (and several others) have me enthralled. I should consider this a bit of training, I suppose. I love reading a pair of books simultaneously - as long as the pair consists of one fiction, one nonfiction. (I can't read nonfiction after dark; is there a support group for that?) To have twice as many books open at once, well, I'm in over my head here, folks. Any suggestions? Words of encouragement?

*Why are the best books the most likely to be banned?

*Has anyone read Jane Smiley's blog (at the Huffington Post) long enough to figure it out? If so, please let us all know.

No comments: