Saturday, June 18, 2016

What's On Your 2016 Summer Reading List?

Whatcha reading this summer? I'll start with a confession: I'm years behind on my 2R list.  But my summer reading is heading in the right direction, as I just checked off a title long on the list, so I'll put a positive spin on it and say I'm "catching up"

I recently finished The Secret Life of Bees and OH, MY, GOODNESS! it won't be the last Sue Monk Kidd title for me! More on that later...


To follow that kind of fabulous story with a popular non-fiction title is a bit of a disappointment, but page by page, Tipping Point (Malcolm Gladwell, several releases ago...) is drawing me in. 



Want to dish about your summer reading? 
I would LOVE to hear from you! 
Contact me and let me know you'd like to be a guest blogger. PLEASE. 


Can't Wait to Read This 2016 Release!


Oh boy, oh boy, oh Lab Girl! Sure sounds like my kind of fiction. 


Here's an excerpt: 

 
A seed is alive while it waits. Every acorn on the ground is just as alive as the three-hundred-year-old oak tree that towers over it. Neither the seed nor the old oak is growing; they are both just waiting. Their waiting differs, however, in that the seed is waiting to flourish while the tree is only waiting to die. When you go into a forest you probably tend to look up at the plants that have grown so much taller than you ever could. You probably don’t look down, where just beneath your single footprint sit hundreds of seeds, each one alive and waiting.


Have you read Lab Girl? 
I would welcome a guest review! 

Wait 'Til Next Year


There's a little good news for me and my way-too-long 2R list: I can put off reading about Edward Snowden until next year.  The book's pub date has been pushed back to Feb 2017.



To whet your appetite (or tick you off), you might want to read Columbia Journalism Review's recent article with excerpts from an interview with Snowden. Did you know he's  on the Freedom of the Press Foundation's Board of Directors? File under, #ThingsThatMakeMeSayHm.




No comments: