Thursday, September 13, 2007

Just finished reading about the Invisible Man

Correction - make that, the invisible young adult. Bobby Phillips, to be precise. He's the main character in Andrew Clements' Things Not Seen - it's a great read.

Things... was the first of Clements' books that I've read. As an adult, at least. I love Young Adult, or YA literature - in spite of the fact I'm a not-so-young adult myself. I just had to finish Things because (1) it was a great story and (2) Team of Rivals, all 912 pages of it, is taunting me from the kitchen countertop. I've got another week before the library will want it back. Ah ... so many books, so little time.

And then there's my stack o' mags. Popular Science. Discover. National Geographic. PC Magazine. National Geographic Kids. Highlights. My Big Backyard. Well, what did you expect from an admitted lover-of-kid-lit? Call me young at heart.

This blog is a place for me to blather about books and magazines - and I hope you'll join in. Otherwise, it'll just be my online reading list. Which is OK, but borrrrrr-ing!

So ... read any good books lately?

No comments: