Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Almost missed another boat

I just hoisted myself on this one; the steamship of a runaway series Artemis Fowl nearly cruised by without me on board. And what a ride!

I took the plunge (dangerous mix of metaphors, I know) just last week and am a full convert already. Not that I'm taking sides against the incredible Mr. Potter, mind. But Potter is so...incredible. And Artemis, dear 12-year-old Arty (who apparently really doesn't age, at least in his latest adventure) is more believable. He sort of lives in the "real" world. You know, with real gnomes and fairies and centaurs and trolls and...and, well, you do have to employ that old suspension of disbelief long enough to swallow that he's a 12-year-old who happens to be smarter than all the grownups combined. Um. Well. Ah.

I'll just write myself out of this corner now. 'Bye!

No comments: