Saturday, September 6, 2008

So She's a Journalism Major

The Huffington Post reports that VP candidate Sarah Palin got a journalism degree from the University of Idaho...after attending six colleges in five years. Huh. She must be one quick study.

Whether or not she advocates banning books is a subject the McCain consultant wouldn't touch on the Diane Rehm show on Friday - I wasn't surprised - and frankly, I don't want to know what she's reading. Palin, that is. I'm pretty sure Rehm would shame us all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh, Diane. I said I'd steer clear of talking politics with you, but this one needed a response! The reason Sarah is the new rock star in the election now (and Obama is the former rock star) is because she is a real person. She shops at Wal-mart, people in Wasilla still run into her at the grocery store. This is why she just changed the women vote from +8 Obama to +12 McCain in one week. :) A 20-point swing in the female vote is something even Hillary couldn't do. :)

OK, I'll defer the rest of our discussion to private emails between us.

Diane Stresing said...

Well, since this is a blog about reading, I'll just say I hope Palin is reading up on constitutional law, among other things. There are a couple of pretty interesting trials going on in Alaska now, and more coming soon...