Friday, July 8, 2016

The Best of BTS Reading Lists?

I'm perpetually hungry for something to read. 

Unfortunately, my eyes are always bigger than the amount of time I have to sit down and chew through my 2R list. *Sigh* 

My kids seem to have the same affliction. Ergo, we have a lot of books. (Not complaining.) And, a significant number of the unread titles languishing on my shelves are books from the kids' summer reading lists that I just can't give away until I've read them. 


Does anyone else do that? I can't be the only 
grown-up who enjoys YA and Middle-Grade titles. 

Below, a short and haphazard list of some of what I consider to be the best titles I've seen (and read) on summer Back-to-School reading lists. I would love to hear from you regarding your favorite titles on summer reading lists! (Please share your thoughts on my Facebook page devoted to reading, and dogs, and a sort of eclectic list of other things I love.) 


My Favorite Back to School Reading Titles - Historical Fiction




BTS Titles that Make Kids Question Society & Themselves & Stuff




Unconventional BTS Titles With Exceptional Educational Value

These titles are likely to appeal to, and may only be appropriate for, older readers - meaning high school-aged kids. Although I have seen all three of these recommended for 7th graders. Hmm. 





Your Brain on Reading 

Fascinating findings - preliminary to be sure, but this article about research from Carnegie-Mellon is very interesting. Happy reading! 

No comments: