Friday, December 30, 2011

Best books you read in 2011?

What books are you glad you cracked open in 2011? What books were most rewarding? Are there some you'll re-read, or recommend to complete strangers, because they so moved, shocked, educated, or entertained you?

Well by all means, don't keep secrets like that. Please share the titles you loved the most this year. Or - just as importantly - tell us which ones aren't worth the time.

I'm partial to Atul Gawande's The Checklist Manifesto, and not just because I think it's accurate to call it a lifesaver. I'm recommending it to just about anyone who will listen (or not run away). Thirteen Reasons Why is still top-of-mind. Not just for the young adult (YA) market, it may also interest parents of YAs.  And I'd be remiss is if i didn't mention 60 Hikes within 60 Miles of Cleveland, now wouldn't I?

OK! It's you're turn. Please, tell us all about those gems you pulled from library shelves, snagged at your neighbor's garage sale, ordered for your Kindle or other e-reader, or just finally (!) uncovered on your nightstand. We're about to turn the page to 2012, after all, and we're going to need something to read...

1 comment:

Sandi Latimer said...

The best book I read in 2011 was Unbroken. I also ead Miles to Go, Michael Vey and Los Decedmber by Richard Paul Evans and Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks.