Monday, March 25, 2013

Relevant? Check it out

       I won't ask "will libraries survive?" because I'm sure they will. Why am I sure? Well, as a librarian once said - why don't you look it up?

>The view from Talladega

>An insider's perspective

>This HuffPo blog

>The Wall Street Journal's take and The Monitor's

I've extolled the virtues of libraries before, and if you're reading this, I'm sure you can list plenty. What better place to find out (for free) a highly-recommended book is actually an utter disappointment? Where else can you go to find out which e-reader is right for you - again, for free? Where do you go when you're new to town and need a book club?

Still not convinced libraries are relevant? OK, I didn't want to have to do this, but there's a Twitter app for that. Seriously - check it out.




No comments: